activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject How to rebuild the docs for Artemis?
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2016 16:44:12 GMT
All,

I just filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-849 as I saw the
CDI integration docs were missing (was discussing with someone who was
interested, and the link didn't work for me).  I suspect that the reason
they're not working is because its not on the SUMMARY file.

What I don't see is how to actually rebuild the docs locally.  There's no
pom file in docs.  Is there something else that generate the documentation
folder?  In fact the hacking guide indicates its via maven -
https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/blob/master/docs/hacking-guide/en/building.md
 .

The other thing that I'm not sure about is if the docs can only be updated
within the release, or if we can patch them after the release has gone
out?  I don't think this warrants a 1.5.1, but at the same time would like
to see it fixed before another release goes out.

Most projects treat their documentation as continuous.  Committers can push
in changes whenever relevant.

John