activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Artemis addressing improvements, JMS component removal and potential 2.0.0
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2016 19:48:18 GMT
Why would someone want a queue and a topic address with the same name?

Notice that users can still use prefixes on their addresses. This will
be optional now though.  If an user wants that they can call it
topic.Order and queue.Order for instance. or whatever other prefix
they like. But they don't have to.

The only difference here is that the user would be in control. (AFAIK)

> 1. Separate topic and queue namespaces.. in JMS topic:///foo !=
> queue:///foo. The addressing will need some sort of way to separate the two
> during naming collisions.

Notice that these issues were raised for some time already. For
instance Lionel Cons raised this one about 10 months ago:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-410

But  I have seen other complains even before that also. (from
questions on the user's list that were solved with explaining the
prefix schema for instance).

We will need to talk about the 2.0 bump on another thread probably.