activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Martyn Taylor <mtay...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Artemis addressing improvements, JMS component removal and potential 2.0.0
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2016 11:44:24 GMT
Clebert,

This can work.  If you look at the ARTEMIS-780 branch and see how we've
approached this, you'll notice that we don't touch any of the internal
APIs.  It's only a few methods added.  Having two addresses in the config,
is not really creating two addressing inside of Artemis.  There's only one
address and all queues have this address.  The only thing that changes is
the fact that a queue binding now has some meta-data (an AddressInfo
object) that determines how messages are routed to it.  It's perfectly
viable to have 2 queues, with the same address, but with different address
info objects.

As for the producer case, we could just add a message header that
identifies that this was sent for addresses with "multicast" only.  And put
the appropriate filter on the queues when they're created.

In summary, it's possible, the question is whether this is the correct
approach.  I'm open to ideas, but I don't think anyone has suggested
anything as of yet that covers all use cases.

Cheers
Martyn

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 12:28 PM, Clebert Suconic <clebert.suconic@gmail.com