activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Pavlovich <mattr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Artemis addressing improvements, JMS component removal and potential 2.0.0
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2016 16:00:04 GMT
>   No. What I am thinking is that all addresses are prefixless. What you are
> really saying when you say “queue://foo” is not that I want to send/consume
> to/from an address “queue://foo” but that you want to send/consume to/from
> an address named “foo” and that you expect queue semantics on that address.
>
> If you don’t specify semantics with the address name. For example, let’s
> say in MQTT you send to “foo”. This message would be sent to 1 consumer
> that have specified “queue://foo” and all consumers that specified
> “topic://foo”. As far as Artemis is concerned the address is just "foo".
> The prefixes are added in the clients, and used by the protocol managers to
> ask Artemis for certain behaviours.
How do you see this use case working out? If a JMS client sends a
message to session.createQueue("foo") and Artemis auto-creates a "foo"
type="anycast". Then two MQTT clients (MQTT being topic-based) come
around a subscribe to "foo" do the MQTT clients round-robin the data or
each get a copy of the message?