activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] removing aerogear / vertx module
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2016 04:56:26 GMT
There are a few modules on Artemis that I feel are a bit defunct. I
don't really think anyone will be using it:

- aerogear:
    * It's not working
    * I am not sure about the status of Aerogear
    * It's probably better to be integrated the other way around. i.e.
Aerogear consuming artemis
- vertx
   * There are other ways to integrate with vertx. the most obvious is
through the AMQP bridge. also you could create VertX components in
Vertx which is more component oriented than a message broker.
   * It's broken as well, even using a very old version.

I will remove these two modules and its tests before the release
(which I'm still trying to get it out asap.. I just keep looking for
issues, given my OCD level :) ).. we can always revert from git later
if we get any real users (I really doubt that).. and then it should be
proper fixed if anyone is using it.

Any objections?