activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Artemis coding style part 2
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2016 19:13:07 GMT
On 09/29/2016 03:01 PM, Clebert Suconic wrote:
> I don't know about other, but to me this is trivial change to me and I
> don't mind anyways.  All I really mind is to have a checkstyle in
> place, whatever that is :)
>
> What would need to be changed on the checkstyle rules? did you check?

 From the old thread we lazily decided that we should adopt the Google
style guide which is quite close to the 5.x code as it stands now.  I
didn't look close enough on the original commit to notice that this was
not exactly what was done but having been in the code over the past few
days it has become apparent it didn't go as far as I thought it was
going to.  It is a bit irritating trying to bring over code from 5.x as
the formatting never quite matches and breaks the checkstyle rules.

The Google style formatting rules are here:
https://github.com/google/styleguide all in nice little files that can
be imported into the IDE of your choice.

For checkstyle configuration to use the Google style that is covered in
the CheckStyle project here:
https://github.com/checkstyle/checkstyle/blob/master/src/main/resources/google_checks.xml

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/activemq-dev/201508.mbox/browser

--