activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Removing the Web Console
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2016 18:31:00 GMT
That's nice.. so I guess we could now reboot the conversation around
hawtIO/webconsole... lets forget the past. and do it from scratch

My feeling around this was.... it's a pandora box.. don't touch it..
@jgenender used that same word here on this thread.

so... IMO, the Web console needs to look an apache product..
regardless of what components you use. if someone can provide a clean
and nice implementation.. using whatever frameworks or components that
are apache (or compatible) license, I think that's a reasonable
consideration.

And with git / github, we can first propose how it will look like, and
merge when it's pretty and ready. That's also a difference from 2 or 3
years ago when these discussions were taking place, where even if git
was being used the workflow was pretty much the same svn style.

I won't be able myself to work on this for a few weeks as I am working
on a few improvements around replication, that I want to do for 1.5.0.
but I think this would open the possibility of someone else looking
into that.. both from AMQ5 and/or Artemis perspective.

so if you (anyone) start working around this give us a sign here, so
there wouldn't be two people working on the same task.

A request I make is.. lets start fresh and do something cool and nice... ;)