activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Shannon <christopher.l.shan...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Removing the Web Console
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2016 15:17:59 GMT
First, I know this topic was brought up back in January 2014 and there were
a lot of discussions about what to do about it  and ultimately nothing
happened.  However, it has been nearly 3 years since the last time this
subject was brought up and absolutely nothing has changed so I think it is
time to bring it up again and see what people's current opinions are.

The Web Console is extremely out of date and since the last discussions on
the subject is still completely un-maintained.  It is buggy and has had
many security vulnerabilities that keep popping up including several that
have been reported over the past year.  In the past 3 years no one has
shown any interest in contributing fixes to the console to maintain it.
Essentially no work has gone into the console except for security fixes.

Also, I know there was talk about moving it into a sub project however I
don't think that really solves anything.  The code would just be moved to a
new location and still be un-maintained and full of potential security
vulnerabilities.

So my preference would be just to EOL the console and remove it form future
versions. However, if there are people who really still want to keep it
then at the very least I think it should go into a sub project along with
some sort of warning that says it is deprecated and to use at your own
risk, etc.

Thoughts?