activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] CDI Backed Client Library for Artemis
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2016 03:09:08 GMT
All,

I wanted to run this POC by you guys to see your thoughts.  Obviously I
have a mixed background at this point, so it kind of makes sense to bring
two of my interests together.  I started hacking together a CDI backed
client against Artemis Core/JMS.  Looking at Artemis and its integrations
with Vert.x, Aerogear and Spring, it makes sense to support another
runtime.  In addition, the JMS 2 spec mandates support for some injection
points via CDI.  I wanted to take it a step further.

- If running locally, bootstrap an embedded server.
- Connect to a locally running server, or a configured remote cluster.
- Provide some injection points to work with said server (e.g.
ConnectionFactory, JMSContext)

I wouldn't call it complete, but I've created a simple POC that does these
things, which you can find at
https://github.com/johnament/activemq-artemis/commit/8430136d9ea648a1f089747da434d945de1d7fa2
I still want to add some XA support, but even this adds a huge step forward
to be able to connect a simple local process to a remote server, without
needing full containers to do injection points.

So what do you guys think? Worth adding to Artemis?

John