activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.4.0
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2016 00:02:19 GMT
Clebert,

I understand your point of view on the matter.  Understand from the ASF
point of view, a binary is any file where the source isn't directly
readable.  JARs are just ZIP files and are considered binaries from that
standpoint.  So while this is the file that IntellIJ exports, its not
source code.

My recommendation is to exclude IDE configs, since the licensing on them is
sketchy at best.  They're generated files, and its usually best to point
users to a location to get them from if they're hacking on the code.

John