activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Victor <victor.rom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contributing to the Apache Docker Account
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2016 21:39:45 GMT
Hi John,

No, that is not possible as the rest of the sources are not available and
therefor the build cannot be done, i.e: cannot: ADD .. in a dockerfile

> Hi Victor,
>
> Right, what I was thinking is that both the readme and the dockerfile live
> in a subdirectory.  This way chroot works correctly.
>
> John
>
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 1:50 AM Victor <victor.romero@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi John,
> >
> > No we can't, dockerhub will chroot to the directory where the dockerfile
> is
> > in, the build would be impossible.
> >
> > The alternative, using the root folder, will leave us in a sub-standard
> > situation where the readme for the dockerhub page is the general project
> > readme, just like https://hub.docker.com/r/apache/thrift/ .

> > > Victor,
> > >
> > > So just wondering.  From what I understand, docker simply pulls the
> > README
> > > from the current directory.  Couldn't we create a docker subdirectory
> in
> > > the repo?
> > >
> > > John

> > constraints

> hub

> gets

> wrote
> > and

> with
> per
> > > each
> RELEASING.md
> > >
> > > in

> > is

> > > docker.

> > > input
> > > repo.
> > the

> jenkins.
> > > So
> > > location
> > docker
> > for
> > > probably
> be a
> > > big

> > > from

The
> > > problem
> > > There
> > > snapshots/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.4.0-SNAPSHOT

> > releasing
> than
> > > the
> > necessary)
> > Therefor

> > > snapshots/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.4.0-SNAPSHOT/
> > > maven-metadata.xml

> version.
> > > redirect?r=snapshots&g=org.apache.activemq&a=apache-artemis&v=LATEST

> > 10m).

> > > release
> Because
> > it

> dockerhub
> dockerhub
> both
> > > for
> > small
> > many
> > > uses.
> > > projects

> no

> > > require
CI.
> And
> > > I'm

> soon
> > > as I

> > > together

> john.d.ament@gmail.com
> > >:

> > > Unfortunately,

> victor.romero@gmail.com>

> > john.d.ament@gmail.com

how ASF does docker

<
> > victor.romero@gmail.com

take care of it. BTW yes
> I'm
> > > in

is the thrift one.
> > How

Ament <
> > > john.d.ament@gmail.com

how we have docker setup.
so we can have it build
> > > based
as a first step to raise a
> PR
to the artemis repo.  I can
master.

the mirrors, download the
> > > artifact
we can do 1.4 snapshots in
thrift,
> https://github.com/apa
are present.

PM John D. Ament <

on dev@activemq?

we do automated builds
> > into
directly bring in your
> > image,
implement it as a partof our
> > > build.

your docker container?

---------
3:52 PM
to the Apache Docker Account
<
> > > dev@activemq.apache.org

it

D. Ament" <
> > > johndament@apache.org>

question

"Bruce Snyder" <
> > > bruce.snyder@gmail.com

has responded. So I have no idea who
to find out who controls access to
> > the

at 1:02 PM, Victor <
wrote:

> [...]
would be highly appreciated.

GMT-07:00 Bruce Snyder <
> > > bsnyder@apache.org

you help out Victor with his request to
to the ASF account at Docker Hub? It looks
> > like
to Victor's request who has knowledge
> of

anyone else who can help Victor get his