activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Victor <victor.rom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contributing to the Apache Docker Account
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2016 05:49:42 GMT
Hi John,

No we can't, dockerhub will chroot to the directory where the dockerfile is
in, the build would be impossible.

The alternative, using the root folder, will leave us in a sub-standard
situation where the readme for the dockerhub page is the general project
readme, just like https://hub.docker.com/r/apache/thrift/ .

> [...]
>
> > Dear devs,
> >
> > I'm afraid I cannot create a good enough docker image as two constraints
> > clash:
> >
> > - Cannot use a different repository (as per John's)
> > - Should have a proper docker specific README.md file in the docker hub
> > page (as per my personal preference).
> >
> > This won't change unless, the issue 292
> > <https://github.com/docker/hub-feedback/issues/292> in docker hub gets
> > fixed.
> >
> > I'll keep an eye on the issue in case it gets fixed (feb 18 they wrote
> > <https://github.com/docker/hub-feedback/issues/292#
> issuecomment-185811039>:
> > *We
> > have a plan in place and will provide an update as soon as we can*) , and
> > will keep maintaining my personal docker image.
> >
> > Regards

> > > Hi John, devs
> > >
> > > I hear your expectations and I'm following option two, the
> > thrift/marmotta
> > > approach for that reason.
> > >
> > > There is some maintenance I'd like to happen to avoid ending up with
> > > images like thrift, that only has *latest
> > > <https://hub.docker.com/r/apache/thrift/tags/> *and not one tag per
> each
> > > version as I'd like it to have. I can update RELEASING.md
> > > <https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/blob/master/RELEASING.md>
> in
> > > the same PR with some very short instructions on how to change the
> > version
> > > in the Dockerfile (very simple) on every release.
> > >
> > > The whole *latest is meant to be SNAPSHOT* is an open and broader
> > > discussion. But if the greater apache, as it seems, consider latest is
> > > non repeatable SNAPSHOT build, I'm happy with it.
> > >
> > > Regards

> > represents
> docker.

> input
> repo.
> > go-to
> > running

> So
> location
> > the
> probably
> big

> from
> > point to

> problem
> There
> > are
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/
> snapshots/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.4.0-SNAPSHOT

> the
> > has
> > dockerfile
> > I'd

> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/
> snapshots/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.4.0-SNAPSHOT/
> maven-metadata.xml

> > https://repository.apache.org/service/local/artifact/maven/
> redirect?r=snapshots&g=org.apache.activemq&a=apache-artemis&v=LATEST

does docker
> builds.

of it. BTW yes I'm
> in

the thrift one. How

> john.d.ament@gmail.com
> > >:

docker setup.
can have it build
> based
> > on the code
step to raise a PR
> > contribute
> > setup a build

download the
> artifact
1.4 snapshots in
> > addition to the

Ament <

do automated builds into
bring in your image,
> > but if you
it as a partof our
> build.

container?

Docker Account
<

<

<
> bruce.snyder@gmail.com

So I have no idea who
out who controls access to the
> > ASF account at

PM, Victor <
wrote:

> [...]
highly appreciated.

Bruce Snyder <
> bsnyder@apache.org
> > >:

out Victor with his request to
> > contribute
account at Docker Hub? It looks like
> > you were the last
request who has knowledge of
> > the ASF account at

who can help Victor get his Docker
that it can be listed under the ASF

message ----------
2016 at 5:52 PM
to the Apache Docker Account

inquiry.

of ActiveMQ, the best person
is the ActiveMQ PMC Chair.

is the current PMC Chair.

refer to the project's Contributing

Husted.
Software Foundation.

at 2:18 PM, Victor <
wrote:

> [...]
I have  an Apache Artemis docker
> image
1 pull request, 1 stackoverflow and
> no
> > complains).
shared it with the Apache Artemis team
> and
> > it seems to be a
(between the few that replied the
> thread
> > http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/activemq-dev/
> 201604.mbox/%3CCAOqetn8FG_Yz+eqFXuE=oxD1hKjepBgOLqy63Eq3A22EPuNoOg
> @mail.gmail.com%3E
> > >)
it should be in the Apache docker
> > user.