activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Bertram <jbert...@apache.com>
Subject Re: Artemis - Two clusters and one udp group ip:port
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2016 13:19:17 GMT
I think that if you have two independent clusters using the same UDP address:port and then
you have a client attempting to connect to one of those clusters using UDP discovery then
there's no deterministic way to connect to one of the clusters vs the other.  I hadn't thought
about this particular scenario previously, but it's obviously another good reason to ensure
every cluster operates on its own UDP address:port.

Justin

----- Original Message -----
From: "anton.mithun" <mithunantonrulez@gmail.com>
To: dev@activemq.apache.org
Sent: Sunday, August 7, 2016 10:43:17 PM
Subject: Re: Artemis - Two clusters and one udp group ip:port

Thanks a lot Justin. Your answer is crystal clear. Both options seems
perfect, even though I have implemented static clustering presently.

But I just want to make my  previous reply a bit more clear (Sorry if I am
missing the whole concept)

Say I am having two clusters (cluster1 and cluster2), each connected to same
UDP address and port (udp://231.7.7.7:9876) and secured using cluster
username-password.
And from my client application I am creating a connection factory
ActiveMQConnectionFactory("udp://231.7.7.7:9876");
Which cluster am I getting connected to?cluster1 or cluster2?
Or do I need to provide cluster username-password to get connection to the
concerned cluster?
like connection = connectionFactory.createConnection(cluster1-username,
cluster1-password); to get connected to cluster1.

thanks for the time you all have given me.