activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Bertram <jbert...@apache.com>
Subject Re: Artemis - cluster reconnection
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2016 14:50:14 GMT
I didn't really understand your original use-case, but what you're saying about replication
masters and slaves is true.  A replicated slave will not start without being able to contact
its master since it doesn't know if it has up-to-date data.  This is noted in the documentation
[1].

Justin

[1] http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/1.3.0/ha.html (see the "Data Replication" section)

----- Original Message -----
From: "anton.mithun" <mithunantonrulez@gmail.com>
To: dev@activemq.apache.org
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2016 12:33:05 AM
Subject: Re: Artemis - cluster reconnection

Okay found out something during my experiments.
When in master slave - replication mode, then we have to know which has the
latest data.
If both master and slave are down. Then configure the one with the latest
data as the master and the other one slave.
Then turn them back on and the re-connection occurs properly.

Other wise we have to deploy shared storage strategy, where this is all done
automatically i guess.