activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Bertram <jbert...@apache.com>
Subject Re: Artemis - Two clusters and one udp group ip:port
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2016 14:06:13 GMT
Each *cluster* should ideally use the same UDP address and port.  If that's not possible then
I see two options:

  1) Specify a unique cluster user and password for each cluster.  The nodes from the different
clusters will still attempt to cluster with each other since they will be able to "see" each
other, but security will prevent the nodes from one cluster from clustering with the nodes
in the other cluster.

  2) Use static clustering.  In other words, manually specify the nodes in the cluster rather
than relying on UDP discovery.

Justin

----- Original Message -----
From: "anton.mithun" <mithunantonrulez@gmail.com>
To: dev@activemq.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, August 3, 2016 10:21:34 PM
Subject: Re: Artemis - Two clusters and one udp group ip:port

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. As per my understanding, specifying the user/password
for the cluster doesn't allow a client to differentiate between clusters on
the same udp address. It gives cluster the power to permit other nodes
whether to get connection to that cluster or not. May be I am wrong.
Referring the document at the moment.

And also, when u said "I would keep each server on its own UDP address. " ,
did you mean "each cluster" instead of "each server"?

Cheers