activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Bertram <jbert...@apache.com>
Subject Re: STOMP server quits sending to all subscribers when one client disconnects
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2016 21:14:52 GMT
Go ahead and open an issue on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS and describe the
issue as well as steps to reproduce.

Justin

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ed Kaltenbach" <ekaltenbach@ara.com>
To: dev@activemq.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2016 4:10:10 PM
Subject: STOMP server quits sending to all subscribers when one client disconnects

I am using Wildfly 10.0.0 Final with the built-in ActiveMQ Artemis.  I configured ActiveMQ-Artemis
to support STOMP.  All of my clients use STOMP to connect to a JMS topic.
All of my code is working great.  I have multiple clients connecting via STOMP and all are
able to send and receive messages.  The one issue that I have occurs when one of my client
applications exits or disconnects from the STOMP server.  When one of the clients shuts down
or disconnects from the socket, all of the other client applications quit receiving messages.
 If I start a new client application, as soon as it sends a SUBSCRIBE message than all of
the other client applications, that had previously sent SUBSCRIBE messages, will begin receiving
messages again from the subscribed JMS topic.
I have sample client applications in both Java and C# that illustrate the problem.
I originally saw this problem when using Wildfly 9.0.2.  I posted to the HornetQ developers
forums and was advised to try Wildfly 10 and ActiveMQ-Artemis.  However, upgrading to the
newer versions did not fix the problem.

Has anybody else seen this behavior?  Does anybody have any suggestions how to fix or work
around the problem?

Like I said above, I have sample client applications that illustrate the problem that I would
be happy to share.

Thanks,
Ed