activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject More attention to - Apache ActiveMQ Github PRs
Date Fri, 20 May 2016 13:26:59 GMT
Hi

We have about 40+ PRs on github and some of them are simple typo fixes
and the likes which I have applied some of them which I could just
find.

But I think the AMQ team needs to step up a bit and pay more attention
to the PRs and get them reviewed, merged or closed. It helps
contributions to the project if people can get PRs merged, and makes
the project better.

Yeah its a bit more work on us, but its "the game we play in".

There is likely some more hardcode PRs in there which needs more the
core team to take a look at. And there is some old ones that need
--rebase or to be closed if the user has gone.

And when you apply a PR from github you can do this easiest by

Grabbing that line of text that is sent in the @dev mail when a PR is open.
And then *remember* to rebase on top of the branch eg after that do

git pull --rebase

Then the PR is played on top of the current code. Otherwise we get
those ugly and irritation git branches in our master branch. We do
like that at Apache Camel.

--
Claus Ibsen