activemq-dev mailing list archives

From ActiveMQ Investigation <ajay.ku...@winterflood.com>
Subject [Stomp/ActiveMQ CMS] Delivery Mode
Date Tue, 17 May 2016 13:18:36 GMT
Hello,

I am testing ActiveMQ as alternative of SonicMQ for our systems (OpenEdge).
I have done a Stomp Layer on OpenEdge Application to communicate with
ActiveMQ.

When I send 25000 messages on a queue via Stomp to ActiveMQ consumer then it
takes around 4 seconds. When I do it via ActiveMQ CMS c++ client using open
wire, it takes approx 4 seconds if setDeliveryMode is
DeliveryMode::NON_PERSISTENT. If I comment this code (which means Persistent
Mode by default) or use DeliveryMode::PERSISTENT then it takes 32 seconds to
delivery all these messages.

If I do it on Topic on C++ client, irrespective of Delivery Mode setup, it
takes approx 4 seconds to delivery all messages to a non durable subscriber.

My Query due to difference in time metrics is:

> Do I need to explicitly send delivery mode via Stomp as Persistent/Non
> Persistent i.e doesn't it reciprocate Default Persistence of ActiveMQ
> (based on time taken of 4 seconds agains C++ open wire of 32 seconds).

> if yes, then what header do I use and should it be in every message I send
> or just in connect?

> How come topic takes same approx 4 seconds irrespective of Delivery Mode.

Please note that I am not using Async etc to affect this performance. It's a
default configuration of ActiveMQ install I have.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
AJ