activemq-dev mailing list archives

From adclayton <adclay...@paypal.com>
Subject Adding support for password masking to the Artemis
Date Tue, 03 May 2016 19:17:16 GMT
Hi I am new on this mailing list, so please forgive me if it fails to follow
convention.

The user manual for Artemis 1.2 states that password masking for the
properties in artemis-users.properties  is available when using the built-in
security manager.  The problem is that in Artemis 1.2 it appears that use of
the built-in security manager is not longer acceptable, and the
PropertiesLoginModule JAAS module that replaces it does not appear to
possess the capability to decode properties.

If I add support for property decoding to the PropertiesLoginModule, and
submit a pull request would it be accepted.?  I am just trying to see if you
guys are interested in supporting this feature in the new
PropertiesLoginModule.