activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Bertram <jbert...@apache.com>
Subject Re: [Artemis] Bug in ServerLocatorImpl.createSessionFactory()
Date Mon, 16 May 2016 13:43:49 GMT
Can you elaborate on why you would front the broker with a proxy?  I'm not familiar with this
use-case.

Justin

----- Original Message -----
From: "abhijith" <topcoderabhijith@gmail.com>
To: dev@activemq.apache.org
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2016 12:20:36 PM
Subject: [Artemis]  Bug in ServerLocatorImpl.createSessionFactory()

Hi,

I think there is a bug in ServerLocatorImpl.createSessionFactory() method.
Issue is that if factory.connect(initialConnectAttempts,
failoverOnInitialConnection) is successful, it is always assumed that client
should be able to download Cluster Toplogy.

This might not be the case for any broker which is fronted with a proxy.
Proxy always accepts connection regardless of broker behind is up or down.
This method should try out all available initialConnectors to download
cluster topology before erroring out.

I raised this question in user forum and then looked into the code on
exactly what it is doing.  Please let me know if I am missing something
here.

Thanks
Abhi