activemq-dev mailing list archives

From davyv <davy.vancluy...@cofely-gdfsuez.nl>
Subject MQTT To JMS: Payload (de)compression
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2016 11:42:33 GMT
I'm working on a project where I connect clients over MQTT and subscribers
over JMS to an activeMQ instance.

For saving data (Wireless 3G) over the MQTT connection, I am compressing the
data in the MQTT client. And now I'm trying to figure out a way to
decompress the data.
I was looking to create a custom decompression interceptor to deploy into
the activeMQ instance, however I ran into some issues. I override the 'send'
method from the BrokerFilter. And try to replace the content with a
decompressed bytearray.

And the activeMQ configuration:

I keep getting the exception that the message (BytesMessage) body is
write-only, so I'm unable to read the content
('bytesMessage.readBytes(buffer)').

Is an interceptor in activeMQ the best option for this? And how would this
best be implemented? Does activeMQ have anything else for this? Or is the
JMS client a better option?

If a use an interceptor? When exactly is this executed? Are there charts
that show the flow of an interceptor? What happens when implementing more
than one interceptor? What is the order that they are called?

As far as I can find in the specs, MQTT does not have an option in the
protocol to compress the connection. However if anyone knows a standard
option for this.