activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0
Date Thu, 24 Dec 2015 00:42:46 GMT
> libaio is NOT installed by default on pretty much any of the linux
> “platforms" so I would have a hard time considering as a part of the
> platform.

linux AIO is part of the kernel. You have no choice over it if you are
using a regular distribution. (Unless you recompile the kernel without
it)

libaio, the wrapper is not. it would be possible to write syscalls
directly to the kernel and you would have no choice over it as long as
you are working on linux.

I don't want to reinvent the wheel though... the optional dependency,
checking if the system has the capability or not would be enough IMO.
(with the user having the choice to enable it or not).