activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0
Date Wed, 23 Dec 2015 21:12:07 GMT
I think the binary distro uses the libaio.so if it's installed in your
system.  Since it's optional, the broker should still start up fine
even if libaio is not installed, but it wont get used either.

On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 4:05 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:

> Question: If I grab Artemis 1.1.0 tarbal/zip and start up the broker “out of the box”,
does it use libaio or not?  If I specifically have to configure something (pass a flag, edit
a config file, etc…) to enable use if the LGPL library, then fine.    However, if it’s
something that occurs completely automatically without the user even knowing that it’s occurring,
then I have a major problem with it.  It needs to be something that the user has to explicitly
CHOOSE to use.

> Dan
>

>> On Dec 23, 2015, at 2:02 PM, Clebert Suconic <clebert.suconic@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> also, there has also been questions about it during the donation
>> process.. licenses reviewed.. etc.. so I don't think we need to open a
>> new discussions over this. the binary inclusion on the source was
>> something that was fixed now.
>>
>> The dependency on libaio on the C code is through through dynamic
>> linked library, and is the same as any C code depending on libc or
>> gcc.
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 1:58 PM, Clebert Suconic
>> <clebert.suconic@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> We had such discussion long ago with legal. I couldn't find that email
>>> on my inbox but we specifically asked questions about it. We were ok
>>> as I remember. Maybe someone else (Martyn?) will have it on their
>>> inboxes. For that reason I don't want to go over the same issue we had
>>> asked before.
>>>
>>> The use of libaio is optional anyways and the system works as
>>> expected. what also covers other questions we had here on this thread.
>>

>> --
>> Clebert Suconic
>
> --
> Daniel Kulp