activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2015 18:42:37 GMT

> On Dec 21, 2015, at 12:41 PM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 12:34 PM Clebert Suconic <clebert.suconic@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> Nothing's stopping you from including them in the binary release.  They
>>> should be excluded in the source release.
>>

>> It's been easier to keep these .so there. I'm about to give up
>> maintaining 32 bits. but right now you would need to log on 32 bits..
>> compile it.. log on 64 bits.. compile it..to make a full binary
>> distribution from the source.
>>
>> removing the .so will only complicate things.. I don't think we should
>> be so purist on this matter.
>>

> I think you're thinking about removing the .so's from the git repo.  I'm
> not requesting that.  They simply can't be in the source release tar.gz/zip
> archives.

Back to this part, the DO have to be removed from the source  tar.gz.

Per Roy Fielding:

"Apache releases open source and ONLY open source.  Our releases are absolutely
forbidden to contain anything other than the open source code that is in our
vcs-of-record, meaning code that is in the form most likely to be edited by
recipients for the sake of modifying the product, and in some specific cases
the generated (and open) source code of build scripts."

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201203.mbox/%3CC3656B87-A6DC-4D3D-B1EB-29911B7A8070%40gbiv.com%3E

So yes, this part MUST be done.

--
Daniel Kulp