activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] OSGi support for Artemis
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2015 13:42:09 GMT
I agree we should try to get rid of the split packages. They are even a
problem in plain java as you could easily create the same class
in both without noticing at fist.

A big ueber jat could be a kind of stop gap solution but I think it
makes sense to try to avoid it if the effort is not too big.

I do not like the fragment approach too much. I personally only consider
fragments if I need to make some existing jar work and can not change
it. It might be a last resort if the split packages can not be resolved
in any other way.

Do you have a good way to find all the split packages? I think the first
thing we should do is get a complete list of all split packages. Then we
can decide what to do.
If there is no automated way I can make a list.

The next step would be to add the maven bundle plugin with defaults and
see what results it produces.

After that we need to see if we can make the plugin mechanism work for
OSGi. It seems that for example the protocols use the ServiceLoader to
announce their impls. That might be covered by Aries spi-fly though
I do not have any experience with it.

In any case I am willing to help with the OSGi effort.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de