activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] ActiveMQ and Artemis Store based tooling
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2015 17:36:20 GMT
On 11/11/2015 12:07 PM, Christopher Shannon wrote:
> I wanted to see what everyone thought about creating a new ActiveMQ sub
> project for store based tooling for both 5.x and Artemis.  The idea here
> would be able to support a command line tool that could eventually do a
> variety of things such as:
>
> *import/export a store into other formats like XML
> *exporting a subset of messages (maybe a single destination)
> *migration from a 5.x based store like KahaDB to an Artemis store to help
> with people trying to upgrade to Artemis
> *For KahaDB, things like store compaction, OpenWire upgrades, etc.
>
> Plus I'm sure there are plenty of other useful things that people might
> think of.
>
> Artemis already has some support for this (such as exporting to XML) so
> maybe some of that could be moved into this project if it is created.
>
> What does everyone think?

I think there's a lot of merit here given that there has been requests
in the past for tooling around KahaDB like off-line store browsing etc.
Having a separate project that follows it's own release cycle could be a
nice way to let something grow that isn't tied to our slower broker
release cycles and it could produce artifacts that could be consumed by
ActiveMQ or Artemis to provide the same functionality as their current
CLI tools for working with their message stores.

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.