activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Jamie G." <jamie.goody...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: When send to Q big amount of prioritrized messages they done by wrong priority on consumer side.
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2015 16:32:55 GMT
Hi,

A couple of questions, and a few configuration notes.

Which version of ActiveMQ, Java, host platform, and type of JMS client?

Configuration notes:

The brokers' memory configuration is 3900 MB, this suggests that you
should have a JVM heap size of ~5250 MB set (As a rule of thumb you'll
want 70 to 75% of memory available to the Broker, with the remainder
for house keeping - you can pass the Xmx setting via the activemq.sh
or wrapper.conf).

The memoryLimit set on myQueue is larger than the available memory to
the broker (see MemoryUsage). This being said, setting PFC will stem
the flow of messages into myQueue until consumers can reduce its size.
If PFC is engaged than you'll want to increase your consumer speed,
and/or quantity. You may also want to review your message payload size
(best to pass along a URI to a resource instead of passing around
multi-megabyte messages).

Depending on your version of ActiveMQ, you may want to experiment with
using the NIO transport instead of TCP.

Hope the above helps.

Cheers,
Jamie