activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ does not seem to honor the agreed upon idle-time-out
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2015 15:09:17 GMT
On 10/21/2015 02:15 PM, mbroadst wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm a maintainer for a node.js amqp 1.0 module (node-amqp10), and we have a
> user currently facing issues connecting to an ActiveMQ instance. It seems
> that when our client sends our default idle timeout of 120000ms in the
> initial open performative, ActiveMQ is not honoring that value. ActiveMQ
> does seem to "agree" to the terms, and sends back 120000ms back in the
> corresponding handshake Open performative, but then appears to expect
> heartbeat (or flow) messages every 30s (which I gather is the default). Is
> this is a bug, or are we missing something during the handshake?
>
> Thanks,
> Matt
>

> --

The broker and client don't "agree" on timeouts, the broker will send
the idle timeout value it wants the client to honor, and the client will
send it's requirements to the broker.  By default the broker Idle
timeout is set to 30s so it will request the client to send a heartbeat
at half that interval.

You should start capturing some frame traces between client and broker
which should give you some more clarity on what is going on.

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.