activemq-dev mailing list archives

From wiwi <maxim.chered...@gmail.com>
Subject Clustering design question
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2015 10:48:38 GMT
Hi,

Some time ago I needed to have a forwarding logic - a separate amq broker
instance which contains a couple of topics from the main instance. I was
really surprised when I read the documentation - I need to configure the
main broker where to forward those 2 topics. But the logic behind tells me
the opposite - this second amq broker is just another consumer - it needs to
connect to the main broker, subscribe to the specified topics and re-publish
those into its own topic. It perfectly fits the idea of durable and
non-durable subscriber as well.

Why it not like this?