activemq-dev mailing list archives

From mbroadst <mbroa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ does not seem to honor the agreed upon idle-time-out
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2015 16:21:14 GMT
Hi Tim,
Okay, I'm going by section 2.4.5 of the spec here where it indicates: "At
connection open each peer communicates the maximum period between activity
(frames) on the connection that it desires from its partner." Then in
section 2.4.1 we have: " After establishing or accepting a TCP connection
and sending the protocol header, each peer MUST send an open frame before
sending any other frames. The open frame describes the capabilities and
limits of that peer". This is where my concept of a handshake (or
"agreement", if you will) came from.

I can confirm that our client sends out an Open performative with our
desired timeout in it (120s), and ActiveMQ responds with a corresponding
Open performative with exactly the same value I send (so 120s in this case).
>From my perspective this would appear that ActiveMQ has "agreed" to the
terms of the idle timeout and should therefore use that value for its
internal bookkeeping. Nowhere in this initial connection setup does the
value 30s appear (or rater 30000 for ms), ActiveMQ just seems to send back
the same idle-time-out value I send.

I have fairly verbose frame traces if that would be of assistance on your
side?