activemq-dev mailing list archives

From AnnaKuranda <Anna.Kura...@nice.com>
Subject RE: When send to Q big amount of prioritrized messages they done by wrong priority on consumer side.
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2015 18:19:26 GMT
Hi Jamie,
I tried my new configuration , but  prioritized messages done in incorrect order.
Should try increase JVM size,
Thank you very much

Kind regards,
Anna

From: jgoodyear [via ActiveMQ] [mailto:ml-node+s2283324n4702852h39@n4.nabble.com]
Sent: יום ב, 12 אוקטובר 2015 21:01
To: Anna Kuranda
Subject: Re: When send to Q big amount of prioritrized messages they done by wrong priority
on consumer side.

Thank you for the additional information.

If you only have 910MB ram available for the JVM heap size than a
memoryUsage of 680MB would be appropriate. Setting the prefetch
memoryLimit to 100MB would be reasonable.

This all being said, perhaps you could update your broker to a more
recent version?
http://activemq.apache.org/download.html

The configuration of the latest broker is mostly the same, however the
memoryUsage is set as a percentage.

If possible, please increase your JVM heap size to something larger
(4GB to 8GB would be great if you have the available ram).

With the above memory concerns addressed, now you can start in on the
client side issue of priorities.

There is documentation on  Broker priority queues here:
http://activemq.apache.org/how-can-i-support-priority-queues.html

Consumer priority documentation here:
http://activemq.apache.org/consumer-priority.html

Cheers,
Jamie

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 3:04 PM, AnnaKuranda <[hidden email]</user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4702852&i=0>>
wrote:

> Hi,
> Thanks for the answer.
> My jvm 910mb
> Activemq version 5.8.0
> Run on  windows vm
> Use java 7 -  jdk1.7.0_55-64bit
> Jms client org.springframework.jms.core.JmsTemplate
>
> According to your mail should change
> If my jvm 910 mb the proper configuration should be like:
> memoryLimit=100
> memoryUsage limit=600 mb ?
>
> Thanks
> Anna