activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.12.0
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2015 11:40:26 GMT
On 10 August 2015 at 19:11, Timothy Bish <tabish121@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've just cut a release candidate for the ActiveMQ 5.12.0 release and
> it's ready for a vote. This release has 180+ bug fixes and
> improvements.  A large amount of work has gone into hardening the AMQP
> and MQTT protocol support along with numerous other improvements.
>
> The list of resolved issues is here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12329258
>
> You can get binary distributions here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1062/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/5.12.0/
>
> Source archives are here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1062/org/apache/activemq/activemq-parent/5.12.0/
>
> Maven2 repository is at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1062/
>
> Source tag:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq.git;a=commit;h=a9eeb03520f074d5013239b8d8708a05ba31e176
>
> Please vote to approve this release.  The vote will remain open for 72
> hours.
>
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache ActiveMQ 5.12.0
> [ ] -1 (provide specific comments)
>
> Here's my +1
>
> --
> Tim Bish

+1

I tested the artifacts as follows:
- Verified the sigs for source zip and bin tar.gz.
- Checked the license and notice files are present in src and bin archives.
- Built everything from the source release (skipping the tests).
- Ran the smoke tests with "mvn test -Pactivemq.tests-sanity", all passed.
- Ran all of the tests for the amqp+mqtt+stomp modules, all passed.
- Updated the Qpid JMS master to use 5.12 (via the staging repo) and
ran the tests, all passed.
- Ran the Qpid JMS HelloWorld example against 5.12 broker from the
binary release archive.

Robbie