activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Shannon <christopher.l.shan...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Jetty 9.2 dependency licensing issues
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2015 15:57:31 GMT
I'm working on upgrading to Jetty 9.2.x to fix:

Part of the upgrade requires updating dependencies for the servlet and jsp
jars. Jetty has two different versions of jsp implementations it is
supposed to work. The jetty-jsp works fine but I'm not sure if the
dependencies are compatible with Apache licensing.  Supposedly Jetty also
works with apache-jsp (which is Tomcat) but I've had lots of issues trying
to get it to work right.

I know we can't use GPL licensed dependencies but I think the dependencies
below are both GPL and CDDL.  Can we still use the dependencies since they
are also under CDDL or is that not allowed?

<dependency>
<groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
<artifactId>javax.servlet-api</artifactId>
<version>3.1</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>javax.servlet.jsp</groupId>
<artifactId>javax.servlet.jsp-api</artifactId>
<version>2.3.1</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.glassfish.web</groupId>
<artifactId>javax.servlet.jsp</artifactId>
<version>2.3.2</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.glassfish.web</groupId>
<artifactId>javax.servlet.jsp.jstl</artifactId>
<version>1.2.2</version>
</dependency>