activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Shannon <christopher.l.shan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Jetty 9.2 dependency licensing issues
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2015 00:16:56 GMT
I did some more research and it looks like Jetty 9.2.x and above now
defaults to the apache-jsp (tomcat) implementation.  This is actually ideal
as it would take care of the licensing issues.  So I'm going to go ahead
and stick with that version.  I had a couple of issues getting that
implementation to work but I think it's just a config issue and I have a
couple of ideas on how to fix it.

Thanks for the help everyone.

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 3:59 PM, Christopher Shannon <
christopher.l.shannon@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, the web console (admin console) is. I'm running into all kinds of
> issues trying to get it to work. I can get it to work in eclipse but the
> JSP support keeps blowing up when trying to deploy the app.  I've been
> trying different combinations of JSP, JSTL, etc jars to find the ones that
> will work and that's when I saw the potential licensing issues.
>
> So, still not sure which jars I need to get it working yet but at least
> wanted to find out which ones are even eligible to use.
>
> On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 3:20 PM, John D. Ament <john.d.ament@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Is activemq using JSPs?
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 2:42 PM Christopher Shannon <
>> christopher.l.shannon@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Thanks John and Hiram.
>> >
>> > I will use the Tomcat Serlvet and JSP api jars instead of the standard
>> ones
>> > since they are ASL.  That solves the problem for the API.
>> >
>> > Are the other jars ok that I listed since they are CDDL?  These are the
>> > actual implementation jars that Jetty uses for JSP/JSTL.
>> >
>> > <dependency>
>> > <groupId>org.glassfish.web</groupId>
>> > <artifactId>javax.servlet.jsp</artifactId>
>> > </dependency>
>> > <dependency>
>> > <groupId>org.glassfish.web</groupId>
>> > <artifactId>javax.servlet.jsp.jstl</artifactId>
>> > </dependency>

>> > versions.

>> we
>> example,