activemq-dev mailing list archives

From artnaseef <...@artnaseef.com>
Subject Re: Maven dependencies
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2015 17:49:40 GMT
Yup, looks like a version issue.

Also, taking a quick look at [2] in the Ops message, it seems the author
there is using the activemq maven plugin as a way to get started quickly
with using ActiveMQ.  I wouldn't go that route to start with as it can be
harder to see what's going on with ActiveMQ.

My recommendation is to run ActiveMQ locally.  Download the TGZ or ZIP file
and run it that way, preferably with the "console" options (e.g.
bin/activemq console) so that you can see the broker logging on the console.
Of course, this requires a dedicated terminal window.

Here's the "getting started" page for ActiveMQ itself:
http://activemq.apache.org/getting-started.html

Once you have activemq running on its own, then configure your client to
connect to it using the TCP transport (e.g. broker url
tcp://localhost:61616).

Hope this helps.