activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Schöchlin ...@256bit.org>
Subject Re: Wiki edit [Unix Shell Script]
Date Sat, 04 Jul 2015 06:30:57 GMT
Hi,

the arch folders are part of the java service wrapper - this is a
alternate way to start activemq.
(see http://activemq.apache.org/java-service-wrapper.html)

I personally dislike the servicewrapper because it is not that flexible
like a shell script and it adds platform dependencies.
I you want to run activemq on a ibm mainframe linux, on a raspberry or
any other unsupported platform you have to find your own way to start
activemq :-(

Best regards,
Marc Schoechlin

--
GPG encryption available: 0x670DCBEC/pool.sks-keyservers.net
(https://www.256bit.org/keys/mschoechlin.pub.asc)