activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Git workflow for committers
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2015 16:20:51 GMT

> On Jun 9, 2015, at 12:08 PM, Clebert Suconic <clebert.suconic@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 11:09 AM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Just to follow up, I have nothing against others using the github tooling or whatever
if they feel that makes their job easier/faster/better.   If other members of the community
want to keep developing that way, that’s ok.  I’m NOT ok with mandating the use of github
tooling or requiring any other "review then commit" workflow.

> You should be responsible for testing your commits before they enter
> the build then. Please keep an eye on the build you created.

Agreed.

> Also: I'm afraid of people pushing directly on git for wrong merge
> committs and other things that can easily get broken.
>
> And BTW: the build you created is sending emails anywhere in case of bad builds?

In theory, yes.   According to the configuration, it should be sending to commits@activemq.apache.org
and to the individuals.   However, we’d need someone to break the build to test it.    Any
volunteers?  :-)

--
Daniel Kulp