activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Artemis and Eclipse...
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2015 03:53:14 GMT
Daniel:

I am sending a revert for your commit on m2e on this PR:

The PR check is failing with a JDK bug caused by the commit your sent.
I have no idea on how to fix it now.
This is build failure:
https://builds.apache.org/job/ActiveMQ-Artemis-PR-Build/409/

I will have to revert this now as I can't compile on the PR check and
in Linux box I have for my own tests.

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 2:35 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
> I’ve updated a bunch of things so that Artemis now loads fairly easily into Eclipse
without any errors for all the non-example things.    I haven’t attempted the examples yet.

> Just have a couple of questions:
>
> 1) In the poms, we specify that Java8 is required to build, but java7 is used for the
source/target.   Thus, Eclipse will pick up the Java7 runtime.  It seems to work OK so I’m
kind of wondering why we require Java8 to build.  Maybe in the examples someplace?

> 2) artemis-dto has a profile for jdk-1.5.   I assume that is not needed at all as there
is no way it would ever be triggered.   I think the ibmjdk profile in there is irrelevant
as well? (seems to reference things about differences between 1.5 and 1.6)

> --
> Daniel Kulp

Clebert Suconic
http://community.jboss.org/people/clebert.suconic@jboss.com