activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Artemis 1.0.0 Released
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2015 21:39:52 GMT
Anyone please correct me if these words could be misinterpreted:

ActiveMQ is the main project.

Apollo is a project with intentions to become a next message broker
for ActiveMQ where Scala was the main language. There was some issues
on gathering developers to work on the codebase, so we were thinking
about converting the code from Scala into Java.

Artemis is 100% Java where we are also investing into cool stuff
intended to create the next generation of message brokers.
And JMS2 support, fast IO and journal, support to multiple protocols
just like Apollo. It has a lot of activity going on. This was the
first release with a lot more to happen, check the JIRA for more
information: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS

On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 3:14 PM, Marcin Giedz <marcin.giedz@arise.pl> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Perhaps "stupid" question but what's the difference between ActiveMQ/Apollo/Artemis -
they all seems to have "some roots" from AMQ itself. Is one better than other for particular
purposes like real time messaging, etc?