activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Git workflow for committers
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2015 13:52:02 GMT
> I think this is ok for workflow for non-committers.  Nice to have that documented.   Committers
should not have to go through github.

Actually, committers going through github has saved us quite a few
times. In at lease one occasion we avoided master being completely
ruined by a merge commit with very old committs. (Remember, we can't
do push -f on master)

It also introduces peer review on committs.

We are not talking about any heavy workflow where you would pass your
PRs by a vote. This is simply one other person reviewing the commit
for you before it enters the main stream.