activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Git workflow for committers
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2015 18:27:57 GMT
I was reading a glossary of terms here, and what we have differs quite
a lot from the definition of ReviewThenCommit:

http://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html#ReviewThenCommit

The definition here means a vote for commits. What we do at artemis is
quite fast.. it's just one other person reviewing stuff to improve
quality. not something to burden the dev process with an expensive
workflow.

We usually ask more than one person to review more substantial
changes, but it's always the dev asking for help rather than the
expensive workflow.

This could be a nice tool for people sumitting PRs even on ActiveMQ
codebase. I would not mandate this as a process on activemq5 but it's
definitely a nice tool to have for anyone developing