activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Git workflow for committers
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2015 12:53:28 GMT
On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 2:36 AM, Andy Taylor <andy.tayls67@gmail.com> wrote:
> The branch can be removed, I know because I accidentally created one :). Im
> just wondering if these branches appear in Github?

That I am sure it will. The tags are mirrored at the github fork as
well, so brranches will for sure.

Actually collaborative branches on apache are a great idea. As long as
the branch makes sense to more than one person

My only concern here is people using the apache repo as their private
git repo but I'm sure everybody will agree with me. if a branch only
makes sense for a single person then it should live elsewhere (git is
distributed enough to allow you use your own repo elsewhere).