activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Git workflow for committers
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2015 14:29:52 GMT
> Well,  I fixed that situation this morning.   I *THOUGHT* we had a CI build that was running
on master on all commits.   That was the expectation and if something broke I would have gotten
a “this is broken” email within 15 minutes or so.   It turns out we didn’t have a build
setup for that.   We do now.

I was not being specific about the situation itself.. just finding it
as an example on where the CI build would been useful.

We have a CI build that run on every Pull Request, not on every commit.

We have a daily build but they are not as fast on catching issues.

>> I'm asking if you could at least send a PR and wait for the build to finish.
>
> How do I do a pull request that doesn’t involve github?   I’m not using github for
development.

You really need github for that. You would need a github account
associated with your apache email and send send the PR.

You don't want to use github at all? If you don't want to use github,
then you certainly won't be able to use these tools.

Do you have any issues on using github?