activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Artemis and Eclipse...
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2015 00:00:12 GMT
I have fixed all the javadoc issues on this PR:

But I had to use annotation to remove the javadoc annotations on the
maven-plugin. And the current maven used on the PR build is not
compatible with it:

https://builds.apache.org/job/ActiveMQ-Artemis-PR-Build/418/

So,

@Daniel Can you bump the version at the commit build. Can you also add
javadoc as a goal to the build, so we won't break javadoc ever again
without being noticed
@JustinBertram: Can you do the same
@BruceSnyder: Can you add me to the PR user's as I requested on the
private list, so I won't need to ask Daniel and Justin again for this
kind of thing? :)

I will send another commit to bump the minimal Maven version.

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 4:57 PM, Clebert Suconic
<clebert.suconic@gmail.com> wrote:
> Both the PR build and the commit build should include a javadoc build
> once we fix those. It's quite easy to break javadoc refs. You just add
> javadocs, refactor stuff and boom.. javadoc gets broken.
>

> On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 3:46 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> On Jun 8, 2015, at 6:47 PM, Clebert Suconic <clebert.suconic@gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> True,
>>>
>>> although I think it makes sense to fix the javadoc stuff anyways to
>>> not require that setting
>>
>> I started looking at this.  Definitely a lot more involved than I was expecting.
 It was definitely the right call to add the setting to get the release out.

>> At this point a “mvn -Pdev install” will now work without that setting.   That’s
a good start.   The javadoc run in artemis-website now will run without an error. (plenty
of warnings though)   However, javadoc in the individual modules still fails.   Since the
javadoc in the modules is part of the deploy (and release) process, we still need the switch.

>> One step at a time…..
>>
>> Dan

but

fairly easily into Eclipse without any errors for all the non-example things.    I haven’t
attempted the examples yet.

but java7 is used for the source/target.   Thus, Eclipse will pick up the Java7 runtime.
It seems to work OK so I’m kind of wondering why we require Java8 to build.  Maybe in the
examples someplace?

is not needed at all as there is no way it would ever be triggered.   I think the ibmjdk profile
in there is irrelevant as well? (seems to reference things about differences between 1.5 and
1.6)