activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Git workflow for committers
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2015 13:41:56 GMT

> On Jun 8, 2015, at 9:35 AM, Justin Bertram <jbertram@apache.com> wrote:
>
> We recently published a Hacking Guide that outlines the typical development cycle: https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/blob/master/docs/hacking-guide/en/code.md#typical-development-cycle
>
> Improvements are certainly welcome.

I think this is ok for workflow for non-committers.  Nice to have that documented.   Committers
should not have to go through github.

In particular: step 4 can just be push your branch to a new branch at Apache.  There isn’t
a need for github for that
Step 5:  if you push to Apache in step 4, all the commits would be on the Apache commits list
and would be fine for discussion from there.
Step 7:  if you are a committer, just push it to master.  There is no need for the pull requests
from github.

Dan

> Justin
>
> P.S. I already sent a PR to get the references to the old JIRA repo (i.e. ACTIVEMQ6)
updated to the new one (i.e. ARTEMIS).

Daniel Kulp