activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Artemis and Eclipse...
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2015 08:49:19 GMT
Seems to be an issue with the maven-compiler-plugin.  Backing down to 3.1 makes it go away.
  I tried 3.3 and 3.2 and both caused the issue.   Strange.  Need to dig through the compiler
plugin to see what might have changed to cause this.

Dan

> On Jun 8, 2015, at 11:53 PM, Clebert Suconic <clebert.suconic@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Daniel:
>
> I am sending a revert for your commit on m2e on this PR:
> https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/pull/20
>

> The PR check is failing with a JDK bug caused by the commit your sent.
> I have no idea on how to fix it now.
> This is build failure:
> https://builds.apache.org/job/ActiveMQ-Artemis-PR-Build/409/
>
> I will have to revert this now as I can't compile on the PR check and
> in Linux box I have for my own tests.
>

> On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 2:35 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
>> I’ve updated a bunch of things so that Artemis now loads fairly easily into Eclipse
without any errors for all the non-example things.    I haven’t attempted the examples yet.

>> Just have a couple of questions:
>>
>> 1) In the poms, we specify that Java8 is required to build, but java7 is used for
the source/target.   Thus, Eclipse will pick up the Java7 runtime.  It seems to work OK so
I’m kind of wondering why we require Java8 to build.  Maybe in the examples someplace?

>> 2) artemis-dto has a profile for jdk-1.5.   I assume that is not needed at all as
there is no way it would ever be triggered.   I think the ibmjdk profile in there is irrelevant
as well? (seems to reference things about differences between 1.5 and 1.6)

--
Daniel Kulp