activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Martyn Taylor <mtay...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Git workflow for committers
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2015 13:58:16 GMT
Similar to other comments here.

My preference to use Git Hub work flow for all.  A consistent work flow
across board keeps everyone on the same page.  I also feel that peer
reviews are important part of the  work flow.  It helps prevent mistakes
and keeps the code base in good shape.

https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/blob/master/docs/hacking-guide/en/code.md#typical-development-cycle

>> Improvements are certainly welcome.
> I think this is ok for workflow for non-committers.  Nice to have that documented.
Committers should not have to go through github.

> In particular: step 4 can just be push your branch to a new branch at Apache.  There
isn’t a need for github for that
> Step 5:  if you push to Apache in step 4, all the commits would be on the Apache commits
list and would be fine for discussion from there.
> Step 7:  if you are a committer, just push it to master.  There is no need for the pull
requests from github.

> Dan
>

>> Justin
>>
>> P.S. I already sent a PR to get the references to the old JIRA repo (i.e. ACTIVEMQ6)
updated to the new one (i.e. ARTEMIS).