activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Artemis and Eclipse...
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2015 19:46:38 GMT

> On Jun 8, 2015, at 6:47 PM, Clebert Suconic <clebert.suconic@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> True,
>
> although I think it makes sense to fix the javadoc stuff anyways to
> not require that setting

I started looking at this.  Definitely a lot more involved than I was expecting.  It was definitely
the right call to add the setting to get the release out.

At this point a “mvn -Pdev install” will now work without that setting.   That’s a good
start.   The javadoc run in artemis-website now will run without an error. (plenty of warnings
though)   However, javadoc in the individual modules still fails.   Since the javadoc in the
modules is part of the deploy (and release) process, we still need the switch.

One step at a time…..

Dan

> On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 6:41 PM, Hiram Chirino <hiram@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
>> I would not recommend exerting too much effort in maintaining Java 7
>> support since Java 7 is EOL.  The only type of lib I would say should
>> keep old Java support for is client libs.  There are some platforms
>> out there that don't rev that quickly (stuff like GWT, Android, etc).
>> Would it makes sense to keep clients libs in builds outside of
>> Artemis?
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 5:57 PM, Clebert Suconic
>> <clebert.suconic@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The first try was using profiles but it was kind of messy. This was
>>> done very closely to the releases and I didn't have time to evaluate
>>> any other options back then.
>>>
>>> If all we need is to fix javadoc, I would say we fix javadoc and
>>> remove the java8 dependency (at least for now). I'm not sure yet how
>>> difficult that would be though

easily into Eclipse without any errors for all the non-example things.    I haven’t attempted
the examples yet.

is used for the source/target.   Thus, Eclipse will pick up the Java7 runtime.  It seems to
work OK so I’m kind of wondering why we require Java8 to build.  Maybe in the examples someplace?

needed at all as there is no way it would ever be triggered.   I think the ibmjdk profile
in there is irrelevant as well? (seems to reference things about differences between 1.5 and
1.6)