activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSSION] Error prone plugin on codebase
Date Fri, 29 May 2015 02:33:54 GMT
Thiago Kronig has recently added error prone to the Artemis codebase,
so any mistakes would be noticed at compilation time.

I actually liked it quite a lot... Liking even more now as I realize
what is doing :)

I'm now cleaning up all the warnings we had on the codebase based on
the plugin and I'm pushing the parameters a step further:

These following mistakes will now be reported as compilation errors:

<arg>-Xep:NonAtomicVolatileUpdate:ERROR</arg>
<arg>-Xep:SynchronizeOnNonFinalField:ERROR</arg>
<arg>-Xep:StaticAccessedFromInstance:ERROR</arg>
<arg>-Xep:WaitNotInLoop:ERROR</arg>

For more information on their meaning:

http://errorprone.info/bugpattern/NonAtomicVolatileUpdate
http://errorprone.info/bugpattern/SynchronizeOnNonFinalField