activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.0.0 (RC2)
Date Thu, 14 May 2015 15:32:30 GMT
I'm not sure that's a good default.  ActiveMQ has traditionally
allowed remote access to it's ports.  I think a localhost binding is
fine for things like management ports, but for the main service the
product gives it should be on the public ports.

That would be like tomcat or jetty defaulting to binding it's http
ports to localhost.

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 11:20 AM, Justin Bertram <jbertram@apache.com> wrote:
> IMO the broker correctly binds to localhost only and does not, by default, allow connections
from remote machines.  This is a simple security/sanity measure to prevent access to default
(i.e. unsecured) instances.

--
Hiram Chirino
Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.